Friday, January 6, 2023

You might want to see this doctor's credentials. A review of The Cabinet of Dr. Leng.

  

Any book with a green mist floating out through a door is going to attract my attention. Fortunately, The Cabinet of Dr. Leng is as good as the cover. I had not read the Pendergast novels before, but the authors did a good job of cluing me into the characters and background without resorting to an info dump.

What we have here is science fiction, mystery, thriller and a character who wears the wrong clothes to the 19th Century. Okay, so that is not a major plot point, but let is serve as a warning if you plan to time travel. There are also at least three different stories going on that all come together even though they seem to have nothing to do with each other at first.

Alas, the book ends with a cliffhanger. The authors apologize for it. It's such a fascinating cliffhanger that it makes me want to read the next edition, which I will because the characters are interesting, and the major characters have depth to them.

Before I go to check my closet to see if my wardrobe is appropriate for time travel, I'd like to thank Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for allowing me to read and review The Cabinet of Dr. Leng.





No comments:

Post a Comment