Thursday, January 19, 2023

Dream a little dream of me, for 200 bizillion years. Sleep tight. A review of The Ferryman

 You want dystopian? This book has it. Environmental disaster? Got that, too. Science fiction? Yup. With all of that, why not a car chase? Yes! The Ferryman has an exciting car chase! Crowd scenes, riots, some passionate love making, and a honkin' big spaceship. But wait! There's more!

Okay, I'm not going to list absolutely everything that happens because that would be a book unto itself. Mr. Cronin manages to get about everything that could possibly happen in. Hey, this is a big screen event even if it's in a book. Okay, if you want more, here's more. Mistaken identity. Bad guys can be good guys and vice versa. An ingratiating robot named Bernardo. Somehow, all this stuff comes together and makes sense. 

I have to admit, sometimes I got a little confused. A lot of the characters are confused at one time or another, so it's not just me. As I said, it all comes together in the end.

Did I mention a big explosion? This novel is begging to be a movie.

Thanks to Netgalley and Ballentine Books for allowing me to read and review, and pretend I'm frozen in space with The Ferryman.


No comments:

Post a Comment