Thursday, February 2, 2023

Ghosts Ghosts Noshing on Me, Other Ghosts Just Want to Be Free. A Review of The Twisted Dead

 Poor Kiera. Her blood turned to ice so many times that I thought she'd die of hypothermia. But then, she felt a raging inferno inside her. Remember those old commercials for Corningware where one half of the dish was imbedded in ice while the other half was over a flame? That's how I felt about poor Kiera. 


First, they go to the home of the town's hermit. He's plagued by ghosts who think he's an "all you can eat buffet." Distracted by more ghosts, Kiera and her two friends for most of the book, leaving poor Dane as the first, second, and third course, plus dessert for some hungry hungry spirits. 


There's some good writing. When the friends creep through the crawl space of a motel, I felt claustrophobic.  That's a good sign when the writer makes the reader feel like they're in the novel, though I don't like feeling like ghosts are noshing on me because that would be icky.


Lots of fun, lots of adventure, and lots and lots of ghosts and stabby parts. Thanks to Netgalley and Poison Pen for allowing me to read and review The Twisted Dead and for making me feel claustrophobic and dusty.


                                              Nice Cover and Keira's two friends are cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment