Wednesday, February 22, 2023

I Don't Know. I Might Buy This House. A Review of How to Sell a Haunted House.

 It's an indisputable fact that puppets are evil, except maybe Elmo. But it's always the one you least suspect, isn't it?


It took a while for the story to get rolling. At one point there is actually a giant ball of rolling puppets, but I get ahead of myself. The first half of the book talks about the sister and brother and their dysfunctional childhoods. And dysfunctional adulthoods. The problem for me was that it felt like a big info dump. You know, the old cliche about showing, not telling. I almost DNF which to me sounds like some sort of illicit drug. But I digress.

About 50% of the way through, the story really takes off. I'm glad I didn't overdose on DNF. The spooky, murderous clown puppet (clowns are evil, too) starts it spooky murderous agenda and a big ol' ball of fluffy puppets comes barreling onto the scene. You may think puppets are harmless (that's a lie...all puppets are evil except maybe Elmo) but the family cannot turn their backs on them unless they want their eyes deflated. If you thought puppets were dangerous, wait until you see the clown puppet with a needle. Ouch does not begin to describe the ickiness.

I want to thank me for my generosity. I paid for this book because I like big books and I cannot lie.




No comments:

Post a Comment