Friday, December 9, 2022

It's Not as Depressing as it Sounds. A Review of The Collected Regrets of Clover.

 Okay, so this isn't a horror novel but I'm adding it because there's lots of death. Not bloody body horror, just a bunch of natural deaths. 

I'm an introvert and I really need to get out more. If any novel convinces me to do so, The Collected Regrets of Clover is that book. Clover is a Death Duala, someone who helps ease dying patients journey from life to death. She keeps three journals of her clients' last words Confessions. Advice. Regrets. At one point she realizes she works with the dying to avoid long-term commitments to living people.

You would think that with all the dying this would be a depressing read. Think again. Clover finally opens up to meeting people who plan to stick around awhile. While some are dying, Clover learns to live.

The Collected Regrets of Clover is a kick-start to get people like me out from under the covers and walking forth into the world. Now, if I only had the kind of money Clover has and live in New York City like she does...well, I guess I'll scrounge around with what I've got. 

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for allowing me to read and review an eARC of The Collected Regrets of Cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment