Sunday, December 25, 2022

Heaven, I'm in Heaven and Robots Are Trying to Kill Me. Don't dance cheek to cheek with these robots. TJ Klune's new book.

 People really messed up the world, so robots set out to kill all humans. Yikes! But are the robots' better stewards of earth than people were? The AI can invent, but they have nothing that made humans loveable, no joy, no sense of humor

Except...

Nurse Rached and Rambo the vacuum cleaner are the two funniest robots I ever encountered. At first, I thought those two would get on my nerves. Instead, I found myself laughing out loud at the things they said and did. 

In the Lives of Puppets is a little more violent and more dystopian than TJ Klune's other books, but, like the other books, gentleness, education, and bonds amongst a created family win the day. That and a shared enjoyment of the Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers movie Top Hat. I grew to love the little family and I'm not the sentimental kind at all, except I too really love Top Hat. As Rambo the robot would say, "Heaven, I'm in Heaven..."

Thanks to Tor and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review In the Lives of Puppets.





See all these little squares? Unsuccessful attempts at trying to load the cover. It's a nice cover, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment