Sunday, December 4, 2022

In Spite of Everything, Head on Into The Spite House A Review.

 When I first started reading Spite House, I had a hard time getting interested in the fleeing family, Eric, Dess, and Stacy. I wondered if I'd picked the wrong story to read. As soon as they got to the mansion of the mysterious 80-year-old women, things really picked up. I got to the point where I was thinking, "I'll read one more chapter," and then going on and reading four or five more chapters. In other words, Spite House turned into a real page turner.

Horror, some magic realism, curses that follow families through generations, and a father and two daughter who really care about each other. Nothing is as it seems. It looks like the family is running from one thing, maybe a crime. Instead, they're running from something weird and miraculous into something even weirder. and possibly deadly.

Several interesting and strong women characters in addition to the Ross family.

Thanks to Tor and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review an eARC of Spite House.



No comments:

Post a Comment