Saturday, November 5, 2022

Adolescent Hormones Gone Amuck. And What is That Purple Stuff? Can I Have Some? Review of My Dear Henry: A Jekyll and Hyde Remix

 Most of us don't think of the word "charming" when reading a horror novel but I found My Dear Henry: A Jekyll & Hyde Remix to be that. The romance novel term "sweet" applies to this as sex is limited to handholding and a little kiss. There are monsters. How could it be a horror book without them.? The monsters here, though, were a couple of vile humans.

I liked all the nice characters and booed the nasty characters. What I really liked was that the nice characters got along. No insults, no snarking, no cursing that you usually find in YA. Friends were friends and didn't feel the need for put-down humor. There was a lot of eyeball rolling but that seems par for the course in YA anymore. Did Victorians roll their eyes like 21st century people?

The author supplies historical information at the end. As a history buff, I enjoy reading those.

Thank you to Feiwel and Friends and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review My Dear Henry.


Nice Cover. I wonder if he's available.


No comments:

Post a Comment