Friday, September 30, 2022

The Joys of Medieval Slaughter. Time Travel to The Last Saxon King. A Review and questions about pants.

 The Last Saxon King pulled me in right from the beginning. I liked the main characters and the secondary characters. The action and adventure were exciting. The book had elements of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. Except for the time travel, the historic events were pretty accurate. Umm, maybe time travel exists which would make the book seriously accurate. The author has a section following the story that explains the end of the Viking era and the events leading to the Battle of Hastings. As a history buff, I enjoyed this.

The Last Saxon King is set up to have a sequel. I only ask two things. More female characters. The main female character is fantastic but she's the only one!  Surely, even in medieval battles, there were camp followers. The other thing is I want to know how Dan kept the time-traveling rod in the waistband of his trousers throughout the battles. What kept it from falling out? Medieval pants didn't exactly have elastic waistbands.

I can suspend my disbelief to believe in time travel, but it's hard for me to believe the time travel device never fell out of Dan's pants while he's slaughtering Normans.

Thanks to Netgalley and Imbrifex books for allowing me to read and review an eARC of The Last Saxon King. I look forward to the sequel, The Celtic Deception.



No comments:

Post a Comment