Tuesday, July 19, 2022

I identify with the protagonist which is a scary thought. Review of Lucky Girl

 I loved this book. A few reviews claimed it wasn't scary. To me, nothing is scarier than people going missing, followed by lots of human bones found around where people went missing. As in most horror, it turns out that humans are the monsters.

I also liked the character Ro. She reminded me of myself, which is a scary thought indeed. I'm an introverted horror writer who also finds herself walking into situations better left alone. Unfortunately, I'm not a wealthy horror writer like Ro. 

And oh, that ending. Just when life is looking good for Ro, we know she'll end up in a heap of trouble.

Much thanks to Netgalley and Tor for allowing me to read and review Lucky Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment