Monday, December 13, 2021

Review of Sundial by Catriona Ward -- Twisted and Twisty

 Catriona Ward is the mistress of the twist. Once I thought I figured something out, it turned out that my reading path zigged when I thought it zagged. Few of the characters are who they seem to be, except for one who starts out awful and stays that way. Who to root for? Who to condemn? There's enough twists to keep the reader guessing through the book.

Be aware that there is physical and psychological (but not sexual) abuse of children, a spouse, and animals. It's almost overwhelming for me to read, but Ms. Ward is just so very good with words. An excellent writer.

Some day I suspect Ms. Ward will write a straight-forward book with no twists and her readers will wrack their brains out trying to find the red herrings. We'll be flooding the question section of Goodreads begging for help finding the twists.


No comments:

Post a Comment