Sunday, June 21, 2020

Holy Crap!

Okay, folks, I can't believe I haven't posted since April. I'm gonna be honest. Every once in a while I go through a severe case of depression. I withdraw into my own world, so the lockdown with coronavirus has been typical for me--life didn't change too much. I'm going to keep plugging on, try to catch up with things, and get more writing done.

Lots of writers suffer from depression. It's hard to get help when you're broke (as so many authors are) and/or live in a small town where there's not a psychologist in the entire county, but there is something to the cliche "Find your tribe." My writing critique group keeps me going, the occasional sale cheers me up. Though the lockdown my writing group keeps meeting on Zoom.

Something like that isn't the cure for everybody, but we have to keep trying. Life is too short to live it in gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment