Monday, May 22, 2023

The Uses of Spit. A Review of Wolfsong by T.J. Klune

 Ok, so I love TJ Klune's books. Usually, the novels have strangers coming together to make a loving family. Wolfsong is the same...but with werewolves! Except, they're not just werewolves, they're swearwolves. Oh my, there was an abundance of the f word. I can't afford an f word-o-meter so you'll just have to take my word for it. And lots of violence of the werewolf kind, but these werewolves eat vegetables. The violence is between the veggie-eating wolves and the rogue werewolves. Humans can join the werewolves! What fun! Except for getting mauled and mangled. That might hurt. What else? Some graphic gay sex. I learned new ways that spit can be used. After three or four pages of graphic sex, I wanted to yell, "Too much information!" I'm more of a squeaking bed springs kind of reader.

Wolfsong has many of the attributes that Mr. Klune's other books having. But, if you're looking for The House on the Cerulean Sea, this ain't it. It has a sweet story involving a young kid and a blended family but with sex, violence, and swearwolves...I mean werewolves. Well written and great as a horror story...with spit.

Thanks to Tor and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review Wolfsong.



No comments:

Post a Comment