Thursday, April 27, 2023

Get past the despicable characters to find more despicable BILLIONAIRE characters. A review of You Can Trust Me

          

I've read several reviews where the reviews where the reviewers
said they disliked the two main characters. There are whole bunches of people to dislike in You Can Trust Me. in fact, the rest of the characters are so despicable that the two young women protagonists come off looking like saints. Saints who steal credit cards, but hey, it's hard to be a saint. Although I initially cared little for Leo and Summer, pickpockets and con-women galore, the novel turns into a thriller and into a story of bravery and friendship. I know we all hate billionaires, unless you are a billionaire in which case, I like you just fine. But when this billionaire wants to take you out in his boat...don't go. Do Not Go! That's all I'm going to say about that. After I got past the part of pickpocketing, and out to the island, You Can Trust Me became a real nailbiter. I only have nubs left. If at first you don't like Leo and Summer, kept reading. It's thrills and chills and beach sand between your toes. Thanks to Netgalley and Bantam Books for allowing me to read and review an eARC of You Can Trust Me.

Well, I messed up the placement of the photo. I don't know how I do these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment